- IVF is a high complexity procedure (requires anesthesia), the AI is a low complexity procedure (does not require anesthesia).
- IVF is performed for the cases of tubal sterilization and vasectomy.
- IVF has a 55% success rate/cycle, AI has between 20 to 25% of success rate/cycle.
- In the AI, the fertilization is done inside the uterus while in the IVF it is done in the lab and then the embryo is introduced in the uterus.
- A cycle of AI can cost 70% less than an IVF cycle.
To learn more about these two different treatments, read here (choose English as language):
Fdo. Adriana Lagunes (Mkt Digital)